This might just be the cheesecake to end all other cheesecakes! Not for the fainthearted, it is ridiculously delicious and incredibly moreish! With a chocolate biscuit base, a smooth vanilla middle with crunchy pieces of Oreo Biscuits, topped with a chocolate ganache and even more Oreo's, this is a treat worth making!
This recipe can be made to your own preferences, so there will be a few 'or' suggestions, make it your own!
250g Digestive Biscuits
95g Salted Butter
30g Golden Syrup
195g Dark Chocolate (or your preferred chocolate)
660g Cream Cheese
315ml Double Cream
110g Icing Sugar
2tsp Vanilla Extract
1 Pack of Oreo's (or any other biscuits you enjoy i.e. Biscoff Biscuits, Brownies, Hobnobs, Ginger Nuts)
For a Ganache:
115g Dark Chocolate
115g Double Cream
For a Biscoff Topping:
130g Milk Chocolate
40g Biscoff Biscuit Spread
Plus any other toppings you would like, we enjoy extra Oreo's, Chunks of Brownie, White Chocolate Drizzle and more!
- Grease a round 9inch tin, a spring base tin will make it much easier to get the cheesecake out once set
- We are going to make more of a crunchy tiffin style base rather than a traditional biscuit crumb base, so chop your digestive biscuits into small bite size pieces
- Gently melt your butter, chocolate and golden syrup in a pan or in the microwave, beware not to burn
- Mix in the biscuits until all thoroughly coated
- Add the base mixture into your tin and press down firmly, make sure you cover all the edges
- Take your cream cheese, icing sugar and vanilla and mix until combined and smooth (this is easiest in a mixer but you can of course do it by hand)
- In a separate bowl, whisk your cream until it creates stiff peaks, then add to your cream cheese mix a bit at a time and continue to stir until combined, do so gently so that you don’t remove all the air
- Take your Oreo's or biscuits of choice and chop or crush to your desired size, we like to have a few smaller and larger pieces for variety
- Gently mix in your Oreo's until they are evenly coated in your cheesecake mixture
- Place your cream cheese mixture on top of the base and use the back of a spoon or a spatula to evenly spread the mixture to the edges, make sure you have no gaps
- Next, make the topping! For the ganache, gently heat the the cream in a saucepan until it reaches a gentle simmer
- Break the chocolate into small pieces and place in a large mixing bowl, quickly but carefully pour the cream over the top
- Mix/whisk until smooth and glossy and all the chocolate is melted
- Pour the ganache over your cheesecake topping
- If you would rather make a Biscoff Topping, gently melt the chocolate, butter and Biscoff Biscuit Spread in a saucepan or in the microwave, take care not to burn. Once melted, stir to thoroughly combine and pour over your cheesecake
- Decorate! Take whatever decorations you want, brownies, more melted chocolate, biscuits, sprinkles, anything you fancy, and decorate as you like.
- Place the cheesecake in the fridge until set (usually at least a few hours)
- Cut yourself a giant slice and ENJOY!
If any of you make this recipe please don't forget to share with #bakingwithalana, I love seeing your pictures!