Peanut Butter is just one of those flavours that goes with chocolate so well! My Brookie is one of my favourite slices I make, so why not add Peanut Butter to the mix for the perfect chocolatey nutty treat!
180g Plain Flour
50g Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
1/2 tsp Baking Powder
1/4 tsp Salt
100g Caster Sugar
110g Soft Brown Sugar
115g Unsalted Butter, softened
80g Smooth Peanut Butter
1tsp Vanilla Extract
1 Large Free Range Egg
150g Smooth Peanut Butter
100g 70% Dark Chocolate
130g Caster Sugar
60g Muscavado Sugar
1/2tsp Baking Powder
130g Plain Flour
2 Free Range Eggs
You will need a lined 20cm square tin
Pre-heat your oven to 180 degrees.
1. Beginning with the Cookie layer, into a food mixer (or large bowl if you wish to do this by hand) add the 115g of unsalted butter, your 100g of caster sugar and 110g of soft brown sugar into the bowl. Whisk these together until pale and smooth, then add the 80g of peanut butter and mix until evenly combined
2. Add your egg and vanilla extract into the mix and continue to whisk until combined. If doing this in a mixer, use a spatula to push the mixture down the side to ensure it is fully mixed
3. Now, add your flour, cocoa powder and baking powder and stir to fully combine, ensuring there are no lumps. You should have a cookie dough texture.
5. Press this mixture into your tin in an even layer, make sure you get into all the corners
6. Starting on the brownie mix, melt your 100g of Dark Chocolate and your 85g of Butter in the microwave in 30 second intervals until melted, be careful not to burn.
7. Add in both your sugars and stir until all combined and melted, pop this in the microwave in further 30 second intervals if your sugar isn't melting, stir well and don't overheat
8. Let this cool for a little then add both eggs and stir to combine
9. Now add your flour and baking powder and combine, ensure there are no lumps. This will leave you with a more runny mixture than the cookie dough
10. Ontop of your cookie base, evenly spread your 150g of peanut butter, make sure to cover the base evenly
11. Now pour your brownie mixture over the top and bake at 180 degrees for 20-22minutes until there is a light crust formed on the brownie
12. Now the hard bit... wait until cooled a little before cutting yourself a delicious slice and ENJOY!
If any of you make this recipe please don't forget to tag me and share with #bakingwithalana, I love seeing your pictures!