What better on a Saturday morning than to do a little baking, especially something as tasty as today's recipe!
All the ingredients and steps below, if you try it please post a picture on social media with #bakingwithalana, I would love to see it!
125g butter, softened
125g caster sugar
Few drops Almond Extract
2 large free-range eggs
100g self-raising flour, sifted
75g ground almonds
3 tbsp milk
411g can apricots, drained
50g flaked almonds
80g apricot jam
Icing sugar to finish
- In a mixer combine the butter, sugar and almond extract and beat.
- Add one egg and mix. Follow with a spoon of the dry ingredients and then add another egg.
- Take off the mixer and food in the remaining dry ingredients.
- Put into a 20cm tray and top with your whole apricots, blobs of apricot jam and finally sprinkle with the flaked almonds.
- Bake for 25-30 min at 180c
- Once cool dust with icing sugar
Make yourself a lovely cup of tea, maybe add a cheeky dollop of cream on top and tuck in!