Today I went big!! Not one, not two but three recipes. Luckily they are the easiest recipes to make the biggest first impression with your guests this Christmas. They also make great gifts, if, like me you haven’t done your Christmas shopping yet.
Firstly, super easy cookies and cream fudge. This really is easy.
500g condensed milk
600g white chocolate
1 pack cookies (I chose Oreo’s)
1. Line a tray bake tray
2. Add all ingredients to a microwavable bowl (except the cookies)
3. Microwave for 30 seconds at a time and mix until all combined and melted.
4. Chop up cookies
5. Mix 2/3 into the fudge mixture
6. Push into a tray and sprinkle on the rest of your cookies
7. Set in the fridge over night
Next it’s my boozy marzipan chocolates. I made my own marzipan but you don’t need to. If you want to, here is the recipe;
1 jar of maraschino cherries
Splash of brandy
250g dark chocolate
1. Soak your cherries in brandy over night
2. Wrap your cherries individually in marzipan and set in the fridge. This can be tricky so try rolling your marzipan out and cutting out circles to cover your cherries, I used a glass as a template
3. Melt your dark chocolate and roll your treats in this.
4. Set and enjoy
Finally it’s some delicious Florentines. I love these so much!
50g Demerara sugar
50g Golden syrup.
50g Plain flour.
25g Glacé cherries, finely chopped.
50g Candied pear, orange or apricots, finely chopped.
25g Almonds, finely chopped.
25g Walnut pieces, finely chopped.
200g Dark chocolate
1. Melt your butter, sugar and syrup in a pan until sugar is dissolved
2. Remove from the heat and mix in your flour
3. Ddd dried fruit and nuts
4. Spoon out the mix onto a lined tray a teaspoon at a time. Make sure they are well spread out
5. Bake for 8 min at 180C
6. Leave to cool and dip in melted chocolate
7. Leave to set and enjoy!
Make one or try all three and really wow your guests, perfect for your Christmas or New Year parties.
Don't forget, if you make any of these recipes share them with #bakingwithalana, I really love seeing all of your baking!