Such a classic & easy to make treat, the deliciously chewy Rice Krispie squares! Here is my recipe.....
80g Salted Butter
425g Mini Marshmallows (use pink and white if you want the affect shown above, but any will do!)
200g Rice Krispies
Optional: 50g Dark Chocolate to decorate (or any chocolate you like!)
- Line a square tray with baking paper
- Slowly melt your butter in the microwave, take care not to over heat!
- Add your mini marshmallows & stir (keep a handful back for decoration). Put back into the microwave and heat on the lowest temperature you can for 30 second intervals, stir between each time until melted
- Carefully take out of the microwave and pour in your Rice Krispies.
- Quickly but gently being to fold and mix until all the cereal is coated
- This will cool quickly and get harder to work with so move fairly fast!
- Once combined, place into your baking tray and use a square of baking paper to push the mixture down, making sure to spread into all the corners
- Melt your chocolate in the microwave in 30 second intervals until melted, take care not to burn!
- Sprinkle the handful of marshmallows on the top of the tray & drizzle your chocolate over the top
- Let it cool until set (in the fridge if you want it faster!)
- Cut yourself a great big slice & enjoy!!
If any of you make this recipe please don't forget to share with #bakingwithalana, I love seeing your pictures!