If you missed my live Bake Along on Saturday, here is how to make the delicious Rolo Cookies, perfect for any leftover chocolate you might have from Easter!
132g of Salted Butter
132g Brown Sugar (muscovado works best)
22g Caster Sugar
2g Baking Powder
266g plain flour
2 free range eggs
4g Vanilla Extract
75g Milk Chocolate Chips
75g White Chocolate Chips
A pack of Rolo's or any chocolate you would like!
Some chocolate to melt and drizzle on top (we like a mix of white and milk chocolate)
- Preheat oven to 180c and line 1-2 trays with greaseproof paper
- Beat together the butter and sugars in a mixer (you can do it by hand if you are feeling brave!)
- Add the egg and stir until combined
- Add the flour and stir until combined (make sure there is no lumps!
- Add in the white and milk chocolate buttons
- Roll mixture into golf ball size balls and place on the baking tray with enough space for them to spread
- Press Rolo or whatever other chocolate you are using into the top to press down a little (so they are still round)
- Bake for 12-15 minutes. You want to take the cookies out when they are clearly cooked from the outside but still bounce back when touched, this will mean that once they cool you are left with a delicious chewy soft cookie!
- Once cool, melt your remaining white, milk or dark chocolate in the microwave in 30 second intervals (be careful not to burn!) and drizzle over the cookies.
- Make yourself a large cup of tea and enjoy!
If any of you make this recipe please don't forget to share with #bakingwithalana, I love seeing your pictures!