It was my mums birthday this week, so I decided to create a tray bake that I knew she would LOVE. She is a massive fan of all things Turkish delight. I mean all of it, icing sugar dusted, chocolate coated, coconut rolled, all of it! Only the rose flavour though. So with that I mind I decided to get my creating hat on and make a rose Turkish delight flavoured brownie. Delicious!
The result, a super dense, gooey, rich and delicious brownie with a light floral butter icing that cuts through the dark rich and bitter chocolate in the brownie itself. I then used beautiful edible rose petals to decorate, perfect for a birthday delight! It came out delicious if I say so myself! So I thought I would share for you all to try!
150g 70% Dark Chocolate
135g Salted Butter
220g Caster Sugar
50g Brown Sugar
1 Heaped tsp Baking Powder
220g Plain Flour
Two Large Free Range Eggs
For the Topping
150g Salted Butter
300g Icing Sugar
3 tbps Milk
2tbs Rose Water
Pink Gel Colouring to how you like!
Decorative Rose Petals
1. Pre heat your oven to 180C and line an 8 inch square brownie tin with grease-proof paper
2. Heat and melt the butter, chocolate and both sugars on in a saucepan over a medium heat.
3. Once everything is dissolved leave to cool for 20 minutes so you don’t curdle your eggs. Once the mix is cool enough, add in the eggs until all combined
4. Sift in flour and baking powder
5. Place in your prepared tin and bake for 12-15 min but keep an eye on it! You want it to have a good crust formed.
6. Resist temptation to eat!! And leave this cake to cool fully
7. In a food processor mix all your topping ingredients (except the petals!) until combined fully and an even beautiful pink colour.
8. Spread this on your brownie, sprinkle with petals, and enjoy your beautiful creation!
I hope you enjoy this as much as I did, I will definitely be making this one again.
If you make these at home, please don't forget to share using #bakingwithalana, I would love to see your pictures!