In case you haven't already noticed, I love a good gooey chocolate brownie! But something else I like is experimenting with delicious toppings to make it even more of a treat! This week I topped my favourite gooey chocolate brownie with a delicious white chocolate & pistachio marzipan topping. It was way too good not to share with you all, so head over to my YouTube channel to see exactly how I made these...
1tbps Cocoa Powder
150g 70% Dark Chocolate
135g Salted Butter
220g Caster Sugar
60g Brown Sugar
10g Baking Powder
190g Plain Flour
Two large free range eggs
100g White Chocolate
70g Salted Pistachios
75g Icing Sugar
1. Heat your butter, chocolate and sugars in a pan, make sure to keep stirring so that it doesn't burn
2. Once the sugar is fully dissolved, take off the heat and let the mixture cool slightly and add the eggs, keeping a tiny bit of egg white back for the topping
3. Add the flour, cocoa, baking powder into the pan and mix together
4.Place in a baking tray and bake for 14 min at 180 degrees celcuis
6.While waiting for the brownies to cook, use a food processor to turn your pistachios into a powder, then mix into the icing sugar.
7.Add the tiny amount of egg white you saved to the bowl (or a teaspoon of water if you don't want to use egg white) and mix. Keep adding water it by bit until a pretty green dough forms
8. When the brownies are cooked and cooled, melt your white chocolate and pour onto the brownies
9. Sprinkle the pistachio mix evenly onto the white chocolate topping, leave to set or put in the fridge to speed it up!
10. Cut into nice chunky slices, make a cup of tea and ENJOY!
If you make these at home, please don't forget to share using #bakingwithalana, I would love to see your pictures! Don't forget to like my YouTube tutorial and subscribe to our YouTube channel for even more baking Tips & Tricks!