Fancy something quick and easy but super indulgent? How about a Stuffed Rocky Road! Crunchy Biscuit Pieces, Chewy Mini Marshmallows, Rich Dark Chocolate, Pockets of whatever spread you choose... need I say more?
You know I love a Rocky Road, but I couldn't resist the chance to make one of my all time favourites, that little bit extra!
200g Digestive Biscuits
150g Butter or Margarine
320g Dark Chocolate (keep aside 100g for the topping)
3tbsp Golden Syrup
100g Mini Marshmallows
4 Mars Bars (or any chocolate bar of your choice)
1 Small Jar/Tin of your stuffing of choice i.e. Caramel, Nutella, Biscoff, Peanut Butter
1. Chop your biscuits into smaller pieces
2. Melt your chocolate, butter and golden syrup in the microwave in 30 second intervals until fully melted, take care not to burn!
3. Once melted, carefully pour 100g of this mixture in another bowl to use later.
4. Into your original bowl, add the biscuits and marshmallows and stir until fully combined
5. Chop your Mars Bars or chocolate bars of choice into bitesize pieces, add and mix evenly
6. Pour your mixture into a 2cm square lined tin and spread evenly, make sure you get the mixture into all the corners. Press this down firmly to compact the mixture.
7. You can now either add a layer of your spread of choice, or you can create pockets to fill. To do this, take a teaspoon, shot glass or a similar small rounded item, choose where you want your pockets and press the item down firmly to create a gap, make sure this doesn't go all the way to the base of the tray.
8. Now you have your gaps, fill them with the filling of your choice
9. Finally, cover the top with your left over chocolate mixture and leave to set. You can top this with more mini marshmallows, a drizzle of a different melted chocolate or any decoration of your choice
10. Once set, slice into your desired sizes, and Enjoy!
If any of you make this recipe please don't forget to tag me and share with #bakingwithalana, I love seeing your pictures!